Prior to perform bed bug control treatment service, home/condo owner need to perform following activities before technician arrives. These are some of the most common recommendations.
- Be prepared to leave the home during treatment and should not enter/occupy home/treatment area for 4-6 hours.
- Remove mattress and box springs from the bed frame and place upright against the wall.
- Remove all bedcovers/linen/blanket/pillows, place them in plastic bags and take to the laundry room, wash with washing machine using hot water. Discard the plastic bags used. If washing is not possible for any item, dry it two cycles with high temperature. After cleaning/drying, use new plastic bags to re-store them.
- Remove all personal items including clothes, toys, shoes etc., from the furniture and floor and store in plastic bag. Empty storage areas, closets (particularly the floor area), desks, dressers, nightstands and bookcases in rooms that will be treated.
- Vacuum the floor, carpets, bedding and all cabinet extensively. When finished, place the vacuum bag into a sealed plastic bag, so the bed bugs cannot escape, and dispose of the bag in an outside garbage can.
- Remove everything from room closets. Completely empty all bedroom drawers and empty all books and items from bookcases prior to treatment.
- Move all items and furniture including wall decor, clocks away from walls. We will need access to all baseboards and behind the all furniture. This will allow the exterminator easier access to places where bed bugs may be hiding and allow for a more thorough inspection.
- Dispose of all old mattresses, box springs or sofas if that are badly infested or poor condition.
- Remove all pets from the home during the treatment duration for up to 4 hours afterwards. Fish tanks should be covered in a plastic bag and their water pumps turned off.
- Allow three weeks from the time of treatment to be completely effective.
AFTER BED BUG CONTROL TREATMENT
- Wait 5 to 6 hours after treatment before replacing the linens on your bed.
- Wait for all furniture (box springs, bed frame, night table etc) to dry before using it.
- Allow treatment at least 3 to 4 weeks to work. Do not shampoo or clean your floors after the treatment. You can vacuum if needed.
- Within 10 to 15 days, we will do a follow up treatment with spray if necessary.